Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Writing Challenge: Day 50



Yes, it's day 50 !!

Sorry for going AWOL. The weekend was so busy ferrying the kids around to birthday parties and concerts that I needed a complete mental break from my computer. I also thought I might have the dreaded STREP THROAT so I took Monday and Tuesday to clean and rest.

I'm back now. :)

How's the challenge going? Well, I've added eleven pages of handwritten scenes I now have to transpose into my computer. Because, for some reason, spending seven hours a day in front of my work computer makes coming home to spend more hours in front of my writing laptop um ... not so appealing.

So, dish! Where are YOU in the writing process?

4 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Um...is crazy measurable on the productive scale? I need some serious meeting of the minds with the CPs. Margie Lawson's class has turned my writing world on it's keister--in a fantastical, Im-so-behind kind of way.

Sherry A Davis said...

I know exactly what you mean! I took that class when DARA had her for a day-long seminar. My brain HURT!

But she made so many good points. I really look at the page in a different way, now.

Nothing like color-coding to give you a good kick in the head and make you finally see what you're missing.

Mary Malcolm Duncanson said...

Passion on a plate. I'm listening to Michael Hauge's lecture Love Stories and Transformation. Anyway, I loved that line. Passion on a plate. *lol*

I've been editing this past weekend. I hope everyone else is doing well!

One more thought on this lecture...I love his explanation of character arch. "Your character has to let go of their identity and embrace their essence." The inner conflict between who they see themselves as, and who they truly are.

Very powerful.

L.A. Mitchell said...

I have a three ring binder full of lessons and homework and the class isn't over yet. She does touch on her color coding, but most of the workshop, she's gone over rhetorical devices and editing tricks the NYT authors use. I feel like I've been in the dark--I always thought theirs just fell on the page naturally that way. You know when you read a great line, but you can't quite put your finger on the reason it's fabulous? Now I'll know.