Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dreamin' in Dallas

I've been working on revising my single title, Fool Me Once, this past month in preparation for this writing conference in Dallas this weekend. Nothing like a hard deadline to give you a good kick in the pants to finish.

Fool Me Once is this great dark romantic comedy. The logline: One desperate ex-housewife, one bad boy undercover and one dead ex-husband make for one strange menage-a-trouble!

If you're in the area, check out the booksigning on Friday, April 3 at 7:00p. It's open to the public and the proceeds go to a good cause.

Dreamin in Dallas 2009


I'll also be signing (firsttime!) Here Comes the Bribe. I'm so excited! I've driven myself completely nuts with all the hypothetical questions. How long did it take you to write it? How do you come up with your ideas? and of course the dreaded How did you write those love scenes? Followed by, Great blocking, by the way. I didn't know that was even possible. (blush)

Okay, enough head games. The reason I'm revising Fool Me Once is because I want to submit it to an editor who'll be at the conference. If you've been to a conference, you know this is the goal for all serious writers. You can't sell a book you don't submit. And writing conferences are great for making contact with an editor or agent you've targeted for your manuscript. There are so many stories from writers who've sold this way. I would love to be able to share the same success story.

Anyway, long story short, I'm putting out a call to all the writing fairies in the universe to sprinkle a little fairy dust on me :)
So, if you know any fairies or have an "in" with a leprachaun or other magical creature, can you lend me some magic? Please??

2 comments:

K.M. Saint James said...

It was awesome to see you at your first book-signing. Notice, I said first because there will be many more to come.

Oh, yeah, and congrats for the request from Source Books. Can't wait to see your RomCom in print and living large on the shelves.

Sherry A Davis said...

The conference turned out lovely. Thank you for being at the book signing :)

And to those of you lurking, I have a request from Sourcebooks to submit Fool Me Once. Yeah!