Thursday, April 9, 2009

Disturbing Britney



That's the title of my next dark, romantic comedy.

Just kidding. It's this picture that has my brain churning. Is it just me? Or does this circa 1930's woman in the picture have a strong resemblance to Britney Spears? Seriously, take a minute and really look at her.

humming to self


Okay, do you see it? Right around.the eyes? The pout on the bow-tie mouth? The porcelain-like skin? I was seriously a little distrubed when I saw it. Her image literally jumped off the page. Which made me wonder if it was a coincidence by the artist or if there was, perhaps, another "Britney", circa 1930's who modeled for the artist.

My friend, LA Mitchell, writes stories about twisted time. Maybe she's rubbing off on me. Maybe it's my writer's brain thinking up all the possibilities of a plot where Britney is suddenly sucked from her narcissistic existence in the 21st century and deposited in to 1930.

Think about it. No paparazzi following her every move, no screaming-wailing fans to pander to her ego, no minions to order around ... Can you imagine the shock for Britney when faced with the simple life?

Modest dresses. No makeup. A corset worn only under her clothing? Underwear at all times! No tatoos. No piercings. No internet? No Facebook? Unfortunately, if she'd been a hollywood starlet, she'd have found plenty of wild times with alcohol and herione, the most popular drugs of the day.

The Britney from the pictures looks as if she's far from the temptations of Tinsel Town. I just wonder how our Britney from 2009 would fare in such a situation?

You're wondering now, too. Aren't you?

3 comments:

Marilyn Brant said...

Ack! She DOES look like Britney--it's kinda freaky! I love this idea, though, of what we'd look like if we lived in another era. I'm sure my frizzy hair is fashionable in some other decade :).

K.M. Saint James said...

We had a little show and tell at work with this picture . . . one thought the gal looked more like Drew Barrymore. Me? I thought the tied turkey was weird, but then I often notice strange things.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Nice to know my freaky plot ideas have rubbed off on you :)

When I first saw the picture, I thought it *was* a Britney spoof. Leave it to Sandra to notice the turkey's tied legs