Saturday, December 13, 2008

Writing Articles


Hello, I just turned in another article to the RWR, Romance Writers of Americas national magazine. Slated for the February publication, I enthusiastically chose to compile twenty-eight items (one for each day) of romantic inspirations for the month.

May I just say, that along #17, I was ready to slash my wrists.

Um. Someone please stop me the next time I try to compile a list of anything longer than the digits on one hand. Seriously, people. It was ugly, ugly, ugly. I looked like something from a Greek Tragedy when I was finished. The ends of my hair were smoking. I think I burst a blood-vessel in my eye. All for the sake of inspiration, which I chose because my own was running so abysmally low.

The silver lining in all this? The editor graciously wrote me back and said it was a great article. That she'd personally found some inspiration. That made my day :)

So, after spending the morning Christmas shopping, I'm off to put the tree together. Hang up lights. Do up the house, the yard and any other room that needs a little Christmas tweak.

Here's a link for all of you who need a little inspiration: The Write Attitude

Happy Writing and Happy Holidays

3 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Beautiful picture, girl. Glad you found your inspiration :)

Marilyn Brant said...

Congrats on getting your article in! Looking forward to reading it in February...and I've visited The Write Attitude before and enjoyed it. Thanks for reminding me to go back :). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

K.M. Saint James said...

I see you're behind too!

I'm back in the blogging saddle.

Come on, Sherry, I know you're just sitting around painting your nails and watching SOAPS. (GRIN)

Thanks for covering my backside while I hang out with the kiddos.

Miss you!